My Own Little World

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Ch Ch Changes

So not too long ago I was offered a new job at another diamond lab and after accepting it I was holding off on giving my two-week notice at my current job for about a week now. Well I am here to say that the time has finally come and today for some reason or other I picked as my day to do it.

For a while now I felt like I was going stale at my current job and believe me, I am not going to say anything negative at all about them but I just did not belong there anymore. I have had many wonderful experiences there and made many great friends, all whom I will miss very much but unfortunately I can't just stay at that job for them... I needed to find my own new happiness.

I am a bit nervous about this new opportunity, for almost six years all I knew was grading diamonds and now in this new lab I wont even be doing that. I have a variety of new jobs at my new place and although nervous I am looking forward to the challenge of learning these new tasks. Lets face it I think the reason I was going stale in the first place was because I needed a variety of things to do to keep be going and now I have the chance to shake that monkey called monotiny off of my back.

To all of my soon to be ex co-workers, you will definately be missed but remember that I can easily find a way to make time for you guys... lets face it I am still going to work in the same building with all of you so there is a good enough chance that we will still see each other almost everyday (just now I won't be able to sit next to ya during the work day).

Oh well, time to turn and face the strange...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah well. Best of luck at your new job. You and your pretty green eyes will be missed!

11/11/2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger Red Sox Fanatic said...

Wow Tony!!! I had no idea you got a new job, course I have not spoken to you in a while...and that is why. LOL Congrats buddy! I think you will do great in this new position, and you will make new friends in a flash, since you are such a cool dude! :o)

Is this a closer commute or do you still have to use the transportation system to get there?

11/11/2006 11:48 PM  
Blogger Mister Bones said...

Congrats on the new job Capt! I want one of those for myself.

11/15/2006 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home