My Own Little World

Monday, August 28, 2006

Wherever I May Roam

Recently I had the opportunity to score one of the sweetest phones I had ever seen in my life at an insanely cheap price, the new Motorola Razr V3i in gunmetal gray and loaded with Itunes. I jumped on the opportunity to snag this beauty but it has not come without its issues.

For starters the phone was not yet released in America from Cingular so what I purchased was a European unlocked version of the phone. This means that all of the perks that come along with a Cingular sanctioned phone were missing, such as voicemail and internet access. Now before I purchased the phone I tweaked the settings for a while and managed to get both features up and running (yeah me) but I still had one pressing issue... the phone was constantly in a "roaming" state.

For the last 3 days I have been in constant contact with Cingular's customer service department who have been tirelessly helping me fix this damn issue of me "roaming" and now we have come to one simple solution.... there is no solution! Because the phone is European there is supposedly no real way of not roaming here in America (it keeps searching for European cell towers) .... fuckin' A man. The only solace is that Cingular does not charge roaming fees at all so my service will not be effected and my bill will thankfully not be effected as well.

Now this is nothing more then an inconvenience so I will deal with now but during the holidays when the phone is officially released in here I am going to exchange it for its American counterpart simply because it makes me happy... and a happy Captain is a good Captain.

till then I shall "roam" the earth like Caine in "Kung Fu"

2 Comments:

Blogger Booster MPS said...

Sweet phone man, saw that one on the web.

8/29/2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger k o w said...

Roam the Earth like Jules mother fucker. Fuck Caine. And a pig is a filthy animal.

8/29/2006 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home