My Own Little World

Monday, June 26, 2006

Journey/ Def Leppard

You read it correctly, Journey and Def Leppard, Saturday night yours truly went to see them both in concert. I admit that I fought the idea of going to the show at first, maybe out of fear of ridicule, but I decided hell, it was part of my past so why deny it.

Yes folks your Captain was feeling nostalgic so I broke out the Aqua Net, ripped my jeans and partied like it was 1985.

The show was cool and I have to say the I did not really care so much to see Journey but they were not so bad. They have a ton of hits and it is hard to deny their credibility as a band... even though they are totally sappy. At least they did not song "Open Arms" ... thank heavens for small miracles. Seeing Journey also would have been better with Steve Perry, even though the Rent-A-Perry did an admirable job it just was not the same.

As for Def Leppard... THEY FUCKIN ROCKED. I don't give a shit, go ahead make fun of me... I dare you. I like them and I don't care who knows it. They sang almost everything I wanted to hear form them (Photograph, Rock of Ages, Pour Some Suger On Me, etc...) except for my favorite Lepp song, Bringin' on the Heartbreak... oh well next time (yeah I said next time- I'd totally see them again). It has been a while since I really listened to Def Leppard and I forgot how much I actually do like them. It amazes me how I can truly love bands like this as well as Metallica and Megadeath but I guess diversity makes life more fun.

All in all I am really glad that I went to the show, it was an amazing time warp and I had a really good time.

Till next time folks,
Rock On People!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mister Bones said...

Def Leppard rocks, as does Bon Jovi, Poison, Skid Row, Megadeath, Ratt, Metallica, etc. Forget all the haters, good music is good music no matter what year it came from.

6/27/2006 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...don't forget White Lion, Winger, Warrant, Dokken, Stryper, Extreme, Cinderella, Whitesnake, Twisted Sister......it goes on and on......

6/27/2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger Booster MPS said...

(insert ridicule)

6/27/2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger Antek said...

I miss Krokus too... ;-)

6/27/2006 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home