My Own Little World

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

New Technology & Old School

In my last post I discussed going to see Def Leppard and Journey in concert and I forgot to mention one other motivating factor for me going to see the show, Sirius Satellite Radio. I make no bones about the fact that I absolutely adore Sirius and I firmly believe that is nothing short of AMAZING.

Recently I decided to bring my Sirius reciever to work and besides listening to Howard Stern all morning I spend the second half of my work day listening to ch 23 - Hair Nation. This station plays non-stop commercial free glam rock. All day I hear Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Poison... you get the picture. I am so freakin in love with this station and I can't believe what a head trip listening to it is. I mean it don't stop... song after song I find myself feeling like I am in 6th grade again... its so cool you have to hear it for yourself to see how addicting it really is.

I was tired of bringing my radio back and forth to work so I had decided to get a second Sirius account (if you are a subscriber a second account is half price) so I can leave my radio in my office. It is unbelievably worth it to me as well as my co-workers. To explain that statement every plug-and-play reciever that Sirius makes has a built in wireless F.M. transmitter which means whatever station I have it tuned to anyone else within a 25 foot radius can listen in on my Sirius broadcast as long as they tune to the same F.M station on any old radio. With that feature my freinds get to listen in to Stern and Hair Nation with me ... that is so freakin cool.

Anyway I can't sing enough praises for Sirius Radio and for Hair Nation... just trust me... GET SIRIUS.... seriously.

5 Comments:

Blogger Booster MPS said...

You know I have been thinking about getting a reciever for XM to put in my bedroom. If they make a combo clock radio thingy it would be ideal. Do you like sirius better than xm?

6/29/2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Antek said...

I absolutely like Sirius over XM. A buddy of mine has XM and I am definately not into the channels. Plus I hear that XM is adding CENSORED music channels and commercials... NO WAY, not for me, it totally defeats the purpose of satellite radio... plus Stern is on Sirius so for me thats enough said.

6/29/2006 11:18 PM  
Blogger k o w said...

I'm hooked on channel 21 Alt Nation. It's got everything I want music wise and where it's placed on the dial I can scroll up and down to all of my other favorite stations.

The only thing I wish Sirius has is MLB.

7/06/2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Cold Justice said...

Don't sell XM short. I'm a lifetime subscriber -- well, I signed up for five years of service, which is the average lifetime of a credit card.

Oddly enough, I listen to very little music on XM -- I'm hooked on the drama and old-time radio channels (XM 162 & 163.)

As far as censored music is concerned, XM has a mix of channels -- some are censored and others are labeled "EXPLICIT", with no censorship whatsoever.

No Stern, but there's always the 24 hour Opie & Anthony channel, if you are into that style of broadcasting.

7/12/2006 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you must be "The Man" at work, sharing your Sirius. I heard headphones were allowed again at work. It is nice of you to share the love...

7/18/2006 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home