My Own Little World

Monday, April 03, 2006

My Empty Room

Well, not exactly... I still have all of my junk here in my apartment but they might as well not be here. For the last week almost I have been putting all of my spare time and focus twards practing my bass. My lessons are going pretty well but in my last few sessions my instructor has pointed out a few weaknesses that I have and it has been driving me nuts. Like the obsessive freak that I am now I constantly harp on the fact that I have some flaws in my musical ability and all I am doing now is practing (3 hours a day).

With all the practing I have neglected all of my other fun toys... hell my poor 360 must not feel the love anymore from me (the world of Oblivion calls for me). Also my writing has in turn taken a back seat but I am going to have to learn how to budget my time a bit better so I can do all of the little things that I want to do. I have not even had the television on even for background noise this weekend and that for those of you who know me that is a miracle.

The good part about this constant hammering away at my bass is that I have actually noticed an improvement over the last week and I have even tried new things. As of now I am playing a 4-string bass but in my last lesson my instructor let me practice on a 5-string and I have to say that is one of the coolest freakin things ever, besides the bass itself being a beautiful piece, I had never had so much fun playing... the 5's rule.

Maybe when I get better I will post some audio of me playing but I'm not exactly ready for that yet... soon enough I will be a rock star and all of you are more than welcome to see me play on my sold out world tour.

3 Comments:

Blogger Red Sox Fanatic said...

I want front row tickets man! I will be your band manager if you like..lol.

4/04/2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger Silver said...

As soon as I get my audio studio back up and running, we'll track something together.

And you can even use my 5 string too.

4/04/2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger k o w said...

When I played all I played were these little punk base lines really fast in repetiton. Let's start a band. Chicks dig rockers.

4/04/2006 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home